Tuesday 19 July 2016

WINE - ERNIE ELSE BIG EASY ROSE (2015)


Earlier this year my daughter and I took a trip down to Stellenbosch to visit the Stellenbosch University Open Day - a mother daughter weekend with a little bit of sight seeing and a little more wine tasting.

One of the wine estates we visited was the Ernie Els Vineyard. Beautiful estate and spectacular wines. The wine that we eventually walked away with was the Ernie Els Big Easy Rose (2015).

Generally I'm not a lover of a Rose but this one was unique. It was the touch of candyfloss that had me sold. I could not leave without purchasing two bottles of this awesome wine.

A couple of months ago my dear cousin and her family relocated from the Strand to Pretoria. I only found it fitting to welcome them to their new home with a bit of bottled Cape and what better wine to take along than a bottle of Ernie Els Rose. Their new home has a spectacular view of the Highveld sunset so there was no better place to enjoy this superb wine.

It's only now that I realize that two bottles of this wine was not enough. I should have purchase a case. So today I went onto their website to order that case and to my horror saw that it was sold out.

If any of you come across this wine, please let me know and don't hesitate, buy a bottle or two or three.



No comments:

Post a Comment